Friday, October 7, 2011

AT&T Battle

I feel the need to vent... I had a very busy day today. Woke up around 8:30, because I had a lot to do today before I go to work at 4:30. I had to go to Wal-Mart, and order some glasses.. Before I went to Wal-Mart, I was searching on my AT&T online to attempt to preorder a new iPhone 4S, because while I have an iPhone, it's only a 3GS, and it is very outdated. I ran into a few problems online, it kept telling me that in order to preorder the phone that I needed to change my data plan... And while I am grandfathered into the "unlimited data plan" I did not want to change it. AT&T no longer offers the unlimited plan, but if you had it before they stopped offering it, you're grandfathered in. I became exhausted with trying to figure out how to do it on my own that I decided to give them a call......... I was on hold with them for an hour and 15 minutes before my call was put through... I talked to a nice mono-toned lady (I cannot recall her name) who had no idea what she was doing. Every question that I would ask her, it was "let me ask my supervisor." Now I am a very opinionated person, and my opinion on that...... Is if you don't know any of the answers to my questions, WHY are you working for the company??? She put me on hold 3 separate times to "ask her supervisor" my questions, and she finally came back with, I can keep my data plan, but I have to call them before I activate my new phone and she can go ahead and preorder the phone for me... I thought that sounded funny, but I went a long with it. She proceeded to put the preorder in for me and asked for my credit card information, I told her that I did not have any credit cards that I only had debit cards... This is when things got ugly. She told me that the only way I could go through with the preorder was if I had a credit card, that my debit card would be declined no matter how much money was on it.. Now that doesn't make any sense to me...... Why in the world? But this lady made me so angry because she put me on hold again to ask her supervisor some more questions when I finally just decided that I had enough. When she came back on the phone I thanked her for her "help" and I hung up. After I cooled off for an hour, and ordered my glasses, which are absolutely adorable, I decided to try and call them again. After going through all the options and hitting 3, and 1, and 2, and 1 again, I hung up and decided that I was going to call my AT&T agent, the nice guy that sold me my very first iPhone. I ended up talking to a very nice woman named Melissa who helped me with everything I needed help with. She told me that I did not have to change my data plan, and that I could preorder it with a debit card no problem. That I just had to be IN store, which is no problem... Until she explained to me that preorders are not available for 15-21 days... I would be fine with this except for the fact that I will be leaving out of state in 20 days, and I would REALLY love a new phone before I leave to go to Oklahoma. She told me that she should be getting enough phones in on the 14th, so I should just come up then and buy one.

I have been an AT&T customer for more than a year and I have never had a problem. Not once have I ever made a single complaint about them.. The way that the lady handled me was completely just out of this world. The fact that she knew no answers to any of the questions I asked blows my mind. I still don't even know what to think.

I still plan on upgrading my phone to the new iPhone 4S... Whether I am brave enough to get it on the day it comes out without a preorder.... I'm still not sure.

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand what you're talking about! I really get frustrated when I call someplace and they tell me that they can't answer my question but they know exactly who can, so they transfer me and five transfers later I still don't know the answer and I'm exhausted from repeating my story six times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! I CALLED VERIZON THE OTHER DAY AND ACTUALLY THIS SEEMED EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM FOR ME..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever get your iphone, too funny, I went on Verizon site to get an iphone the old iphone 4 don't need the new and it did the exact same thing to me, I have an unlimited plan, grandfathered in so I would have when I got my new phone this month..LOL You are not alone!! I will get mine on the 26th will et an extra $50.00 off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did get my iPhone and I LOOOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.