Unfortunately I am going to miss class October 27, because I will just be flying into Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, my flight will be landing at approximately 6:20pm. This flight will be my very first flight, I have never been on a plane before. I've never even stepped foot on any type of aircraft. I'm nervous, excited, and anxious.
You may be wondering WHY I'm going to Oklahoma, I know it sounds SOOO exciting, but to me, it is. My boyfriend is currently stationed at Vance Air Force Base, in Enid, OK, and I haven't seen him in a very long time. He just served 6 months over in Saudi Arabia, and just got home June 27, and is NOW finally getting some leave. I will be flying out there, and spending about 3 days there. He wants to show me the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial, and said something about a haunted warehouse down in OKC, but I'm not so sure about that. After a few days spent in Enid, we're gonna get in his truck and drive the 22 hours back to Florida. Dusty's family all lives here in Citrus and Marion County, he actually graduated from Lecanto High School back in 2004. So we are driving the 22 hours back home, and he will have 2 weeks with me and his family. I know it's not much, but I'll take what I can get.
He has been in the Air Force for 7, almost 8 years, and I couldn't be more proud of him. He's my hero. He's been to a lot of different places, to name a few... Korea, Saudi Arabia, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Turkey... That's all I can remember right now.. Too many to remember I guess. I'll have to ask him later.
But I am kinda terrified to be flying for the first time, alone... I have been in airports before, only the Philadelphia and Tampa airports, but only to pick people up.. I've been on a train, quite a few times, that's fun but takes probably four times as long as a plane does. My flight from Orlando to Oklahoma City will be approximately 4.5 hours. I will fly out of Orlando at 1:35pm, and fly into Houston at 3pm, but since I will be going to another time zone it will be 4pm Florida time, my layover in Houston will be an hour, and then I will jump back on another plane and fly to OKC, which will land at approximately 5:20pm. I'm very nervous just because I am going to be alone. But it's like Dusty says I'm quite the trooper. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.